(Last updated: 03.05.2022)
At PlotX (“PlotX
” and “Our
”), We understand the importance of keeping data safe and secure and take data protection with the utmost seriousness.
”, or “Your
”) through the Our site or mobile application, including contests and challenges which are part of it, (collectively, the “Ecosystem
”) and all associated sites linked thereto by the interface, or by Us. Users shall conform to all applicable statutes, enactments, acts of legislature or parliament, laws, ordinances, rules, by-laws, regulations, notifications, guidelines, policies, directions, directives and orders of any governmental authority, as may be applicable to them (“Applicable Law
We understand that You may have questions regarding this Policy, including Your information, how it may be collected, and how it may be used. You may email Us at firstname.lastname@example.org
with any concerns or privacy-related questions that You may have.
Any information which can be used to identify the User is ‘Personal Information’. However, We do not consider Personal Information to include information that has been aggregated and/or anonymized so that it does not identify the User. Any data which is secured, hashed and/or encrypted and/or does not reveal the identity of a specific User is not Personal Information.
- About Us
- Blockchain & Your Data
- How PlotX Works And Handles Data
- Information Collected Automatically
- Information From Other Sources And Third Parties
- Third-Party Tracking And Online Advertising
- Your Data Protection Rights
- Accessing PlotX
- PlotX Communities & Social Media Pages
- PlotX Feedback Form
- Changes to Our Policy
- How To Get In Touch With Us
- To understand how PlotX works, You can read our Whitepaper and access this PlotX Wiki page.
- PlotX is a Decentralised Application (“dApp”) built on top of the Polygon blockchain. Due to the decentralised nature of blockchain, if You decide to use PlotX, Your information may be permanently recorded on the Blockchain. Certain rights with respect to modification may not be fully available or exercisable by You due to the technological design of the blockchain.
Blockchain & Your Data
- In simple words, a blockchain is an open & distributed ledger that can record transactions between two or more parties efficiently in a permanent and verifiable way.
- The records on a blockchain are secured through cryptography. Network participants have their own private keys that are assigned to the transactions they make and act as a personal digital signature. If a record is altered, the signature will become invalid and the peer network will know right away that something has happened.
- For use as a distributed ledger, data on a blockchain isn’t stored in any one location, instead, it is stored in a decentralised manner across many different nodes. To achieve this, a blockchain is typically managed by a peer-to-peer network collectively adhering to a protocol for adding new blocks to the blockchain and inter-node communication. Once recorded, the data in any given block cannot be altered retroactively without the alteration of all subsequent blocks, which requires controlling a majority of nodes on the network.
- To interact with the Ethereum and the Polygon Blockchain, Users need to have crypto-wallets. A crypto-wallet is a software that acts as a storage space for Your cryptocurrencies just like how a regular wallet does for Your hard traditional currencies. Whenever You create an account on any crypto-wallet, You get a unique address that is used to keep a track of all the transactions happening from that wallet. Since blockchains are publicly available and immutable, if anyone has Your wallet address, then they can see the history of all the transactions happening from that wallet. One thing to note here is that this isn’t necessarily a bad thing, because having an immutable public ledger of all the transactions is the whole point of creating a blockchain.
The Ecosystem is not intended for children under 18 years of age. No one under age of 18 may use or provide any information to or on the Ecosystem. If PlotX obtains knowledge of information provided by a person under the age of 18, PlotX will promptly delete it, unless We are legally obligated to retain such data. If You believe PlotX may have mistakenly or unintentionally collected any information from or about a person under the age of 18, please contact Us using the contact information provided below.
How PlotX Works And Handles Data
- PlotX is a decentralised platform that lets its Users enter into challenges and contests which are part of the Ecosystem. If You’re not an existing User of PlotX, and You’re simply visiting Us, then We do not collect any User-related information whatsoever, other than information which may be tracked automatically (more on this below in Clause 5). Given below is the step-by-step journey You take when You visit the Ecosystem, or any part of it.
- If You want to interact with the Ecosystem, You can do so by using Your existing web3 wallet or You can choose to create a new wallet and link it to your Email address, Twitter account, Facebook account, or Gmail account using a third-party service called Magic Link. Linking Your wallet means that PlotX can access Your wallet address and token balance.. One thing to note here is that Your public key (wallet address) can be used to track Your entire transaction history associated with the wallet that You are using to connect with PlotX.
- PlotX views the token balance in Your wallet to verify if You have enough balance in Your account to pay the amount/entry fee required to enter into the Ecosystem.
- When you login using Your wallet address, it is the only identifier We use to associate Your account with You, and We don’t get any personally identifiable information about You. The only information We access is Your wallet address/email address and the token balance in that wallet.
- However, when You login through Twitter, Facebook, Email or any other social login, We may use data such as Your profile picture, name, followers, to verify the genuineness of Your profile. We do not use this data for marketing or promotional purposes. You may contact us at email@example.com for any concerns you may have about the Our use of this data.
- After logging into the Ecosystem, You can enter into any contests, challenges, etc which the Ecosystem offers.
- Thereafter a Polygon transaction of the specified entry fee/amount is initiated via the connected wallet.
- Only after You confirm the transaction from Your wallet, will the transaction go through to the Polygon network for validation.
- After Your transaction is successfully validated, You are able to enter the desired contest, challenge, etc.
- You can claim the reward You get back once the contest, challenge, etc in which You participated settles. Once You do that, a Polygon transaction via the connected wallet will automatically be initiated.
- Furthermore, when accessing PlotX, a third-party service called Intercom will process data as necessary to provide the Services on PlotX.
- PlotX also uses third party services (e.g. Mixpanel, Pagesense, Google Analytics and Mongodatabase) to collect and store certain information for processing and analytics purposes, or any other internal purpose.
Information Collected Automatically
- In certain instances, PlotX may collect information from third parties, such as our business partners, third-party providers (e.g. Mixpanel, Pagesense, Google Analytics, Mongodatabase, Magic Link, etc.) or other networks where You have connected Your account and authorized us to access and share this information.
- Use of Your information: Having information about You permits PlotX to provide You with a smooth and efficient experience. Specifically, We may use information collected about You via the Ecosystem to:
- conduct behavioural analysis;
- compile statistical and usage data for internal use, and share it with third parties (e.g. investors) if required;
- contact You regarding the Use of the Ecosystem and Services provided by Us;
- enhance the overall security of the Ecosystem, and prevent any fraudulent, prohibited or illegal activities;
- perform any other duties as may be required by law; and
- any other reason which is required for the smooth and effective use of the Ecosystem by You;
- contact You regarding any promotions or offers We may run from time to time.
Information From Other Sources And Third Parties
- PlotX uses third party apps such as Google, Twitter, etc to communicate and interact with its Users. You may encounter these services on separate websites such as PlotX’s Twitter page. These services are controlled and operated by third parties and are not PlotX websites or applications. By interacting with PlotX through these third-party services, You may be providing these third parties access to Your information, which can be used to distinguish or trace Your identity. Any information collected by a third-party service is subject to the privacy policies of the third-party service provider. Following information may be collected of the User from other sources and third parties:
- As discussed in Clause 4, If You link, connect, or log in on PlotX with a third-party service (e.g. Google, Apple), the third-party service may send us information such as Your profile information from that service. This information varies and is controlled by that service or as authorised by You via Your privacy settings on that service.
- Publicly Available Data includes Your contact information and other information from publicly available sources. We use this information to contact You, to send You advertising or promotional materials, to personalise our Services, and to better understand the demographics of our Users.
Third-Party Tracking And Online Advertising
- PlotX participates in interest-based advertising and uses third-party advertising companies to serve targeted advertisements based on Your online browsing history and Your interests. We permit third-party online advertising networks to collect information about Your use of our Services over time so that they may play or display ads on other websites, apps,services or devices which You may use. Usually, the information used for interest-based advertising is collected through Cookies or similar tracking technologies. For advertising, We may share a common account identifier eg. Your hashed data with our third-party advertising partners to help identify You across devices and websites. PlotX and the third parties use this information to make the advertisements You see online on other platforms more relevant to Your interests, as well as to provide advertising-related services such as reporting, attribution, analytics, and market research.
Your Data Protection Rights
- As per the Applicable Laws of Your jurisdiction, you may have certain rights regarding protection of Your data. These rights may include the right to access, right of correction or rectification, right to object, right to erasure, right to withdraw consent, etc. You may contact Us at firstname.lastname@example.org with regards to these rights.
- Please note that You do not have an absolute right to anything mentioned in clause 8.1. Depending upon the Applicable Law, access to Your rights may be denied under the following circumstances:
Please also note that We may ask You to verify Your identity before responding to such requests.
- when denial of access is required or authorized by law;
- when granting access would have a negative impact on another's privacy;
- to protect Our rights and properties;
- when there is an ongoing customer service issue, or You are suspected to have misused Our Services in any way; or
- where the request is frivolous or vexatious, or for other reasons.
PlotX Communities & Social Media Pages
- PlotX Communities
If You choose to join our communities on Telegram or Discord or both, You are subjecting Yourself to the privacy policies of these platforms. PlotX can not and does not, on its own, collect, process, or store any User information on or via these platforms.
All of these platforms require You to make an account with them, for which You will have to give Your information such as Your phone number and/or Your email address. Hence, depending on the privacy settings of Your account on these platforms, Your information will be visible to the Users of these platforms. Read the privacy policies of these platforms to know how Your data may be handled on these platforms.
In accordance with current rules and regulations regarding data protection, the email address You have voluntarily provided to us shall be included in a database held by PlotX with the purpose of managing Your subscription request and to regularly send You Our Newsletter. The legal basis for the processing of Your data is only after the User has consented to provide his information i.e. email address to PlotX.
You can unsubscribe from our newsletter to list at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the emails that We send or by sending an email to email@example.com
. Thereafter, You will then be removed from the marketing email list.
Confirmation of the subscription implies acceptance of this clause.
- PlotX Social Media Pages
If You choose to visit Our pages, including on Medium, YouTube, Reddit, or Twitter, then You are subjecting Yourself to the privacy policies of these platforms. PlotX is not responsible for collecting, processing, or storing any of Your data on these platforms.
All of these platforms require You to make an account with them, for which You will have to give Your information like Your phone number or Your email address. Hence, depending on the privacy settings of Your account on these platforms, Your information may be visible to other Users of these platforms. Read the privacy policies of these platforms carefully to know how Your data is handled on these platforms.
- We conduct various marketing campaigns to increase the reach of the Ecosystem. For that purpose, We launch various marketing campaigns which involve Users filling various forms.
- On occasions, this requires You to enter Your information such as Your email address, ethereum address, telegram username etc. When You choose to participate in any such campaign, You grant Us permission to process and store Your information.
PlotX Feedback Form
- We want to improve our User satisfaction and offer better services to our Users. That’s why We need Your opinion about Your latest experience using PlotX.
- In addition to Your opinion, We will also collect some information about You such as Your age and country of residence. Apart from the stated information, You may also provide other optional information including Your telegram and twitter usernames.
- The feedback form may request the following information from the User:
- User Engagement: Your engagement with Our communities on telegram and twitter.
- User Experience: Your general experience in the crypto space and Your trading experience in years. It also includes questions specific to Your experience on PlotX, Your first impression of PlotX, reasons for which You use PlotX, wallet type and the market cycle You prefer, etc.
- User Feedback: Includes questions from the User with specific aspects of the User experience with PlotX such as product tour, intuitiveness of the Ecosystem, or any part of it, accessibility and look and feel, which may be answered by the User by rating his experience between 0 to 7.
- Information regarding how you spend your money, income bracket, trading experience etc.
Changes to Our Policy
How To Get In Touch With Us